Tuesday, 23 August 2011

The one where I am ready to party.

Had a cheeky purchase of a new dress in the Asos sale.  It was only £15!


As you can see it is blue, has a sweetheart neckline but also straps, is ruched at the top and then comes out at the waist to skim out over the hips.  I was a little disappointed when it arrived (obviously I ordered it online) because the colours is much darker than the photo on the website and infact darker than these photos too!  The sweetheart neckline is also higher than I would have expected and sadly it is a little too big around the waist.  However the best detailing is the back.


As you can hopefully tell from this photo, the back has a bow detail (to conveniently cover ones bra) and then an opening to show a nice bit of skin.  It makes the dress a little more interesting and I think it looks lovely!

I am planning on wearing this dress to celebrate my best friend's birthday in a few days and then either on nights out with lovely large heels or maybe with a cardi and tights in the day. 


I did also buy some shorts from the Asos sale although they are way too big for me.  They were size 12s but in the petite section.  I have been size 12 on top and 10 on the bottom for a good while but I thought I had (sadly) got a bit more chunky recently so I went for this size.  I don't know whether it is because Asos sizes are large or whatever but this sort of reassured me that I do have a little bit of body dismorphia and that actually I'm not fat.  Am I?!


3 comments:

  1. I have to say I'm not a big fan of Asos, I ordered 3 dresses from there and they were all TINY! :( They always look so different to the pics aswell!

    Love the colour of the dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete