Wednesday, 31 August 2011

The one with the skin care challenge.

I read this blog post from Steff about her miracle acne cure and was inspired to try out the product she recommended product.  Because of my job I know lots about skin care products and I have tried many (only cheap ones though because I can't bring myself to spend much on beauty products).  I came to the conclusion that nothing I tried was working, I have oily skin and have suffered from acne since I became a teenager.  My sister suggested the old 'soap and water' thing so I tried that for a while and I think I noticed an improvement although as soon as I started working again and the stress started, I suffered from more breakouts. 

Today is my third day using the Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser.  This is what it looks like on the shelf.


It is a quite large tube of cleanser with a muslin cloth.  It feels lovely and creamy when you rub it into your face and then the muslin cloth gently exfoliates your face as you wipe it off.  After a day or two of using this I did come out with some new spots which I was not pleased about however I have just moved into a new house so that might be from stress rather than because of the product.  I am going to persevere with it as today (on the third day) my skin is looking a little better than it did yesterday.  The other problem I am having is that we are having a few problems with the hot water at our new house so unfortunately I am having to use it as more of a cold cloth cleanser!

Can anyone recommend any products to help my skin?  I am nearly 20 and completely sick of spots!

2 comments:

  1. urgh, I hate spots too! I never experienced from acne and the like so all I can really suggest is using the cleansers for spotty skin.... sorry I can't be of anymore help!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog!
    Jules @ A Bit of Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this i use it everyday, gld you gave it a try, i also use..this sounds weird but it really works, lemon. Raw lemon rub it on your face stings like hell but works or drink it in hot water ;] xx

    ReplyDelete