Wednesday, 14 September 2011

The one about self improvement.

I've told you about my continuing hair and skin problems.  Greasy hair, oily spotty face, it is, sadly, as simple as that.  Now that I'm back in my university town of Cheltenham, I have access to Superdrug and after pouring over blogs and vlogs could have easily spent ridiculous amounts on products that people have recommended.  I did restrict myself though!  Here's what I bought.


Batiste Dry Shampoo in medium and brunette
Batiste Dry Shampoo XXL volume
TRESemme Restructuring Deep Conditioning Treatment Masque
Scandalous Big and Beautiful Voluminising Shampoo
Scandalous Big and Beautiful Voluminising Conditioner
Tea Tree and Peppermint Facial Wash
Tea Tree and Peppermint Exfoliating Cream Wash


I've already gushed about dry shampoos and on discovering that the Batiste ones were 'better than half price' I decided to stock up a little.  They didn't have any of the 'dark and deep brown' variety that I am currently using so I decided to try the 'medium and brunette' and, ever on the hunt for volume, the one designed to give your hair volume.  They usually cost £3.99 but I got them for £1.95 each instead, bargain!

I've never really been concerned about deep conditioning my hair because it's never really dry, however I recently ombred it and so I thought I should probably start taking care of the ends.  I chose the 'TRESemme Restructuring Deep Conditioning Treatment Masque' because it is a whacking great pot of 500ml and sounded good!

I have seen the 'Scandalous Big and Beautiful Voluminising Shampoo and Conditioner' being recommended for volume and although I was originally going to try the Fat Hair range, the Scandalous ones were on a £2 off offer.  The shampoo and conditioner cost me £2.99 each which I thought was pretty good value considering they are supposed to be quite good.

I think my experiment with the Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser from Superdrug has to be judged as a failure.  I've had more breakouts than I did over the summer where I was working all hours, eating badly and not using any products on my face.  I love the creamy texture but the results just wern't good.  I thought I'd try the Superdrug washes for problem skin instead to see if they did any better.  One is just a gel while the other one is more creamy, with exfoliating bits in it so here's hoping one will do the trick!

I might do some reviews on these products if anyone wants to read them, or if they actually have an affect on my hair and skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment