Monday, 5 September 2011

The one with my new saviour.

If you've read my blog before you might have picked up on the fact that I have just moved house and currently have no hot water.  It is definitely not ideal but I've also started going to the gym since I've moved so at least I get hot showers there.  With all this showering I've become concerned about my hair.  I usually wash my hair everyday because it gets greasy very easily but I have heard that washing your hair more often can make it more greasy.  The conclusion of this very rambling introduction is that dry shampoo has become my favourite products of the moment.  I use it to stop my hair from looking greasy and am going to try to limit myself to washing my hair every other day.

This is the dry shampoo I use.  It is the Batiste Dry Shampoo in 'dark & deep brown'.  I have used one of the minature scented ones before when I went to the 2000 Trees Festival and a beer festival over the summer but because I have brown hair I found that even when rubbed in the white powder changed my hair colour a little. 

The positives of this dry shampoo is that because the powder is dark, it doesn't make your hair grey.  I also found that the original colour required a more complicated application whereas with this one you simply spray it on, rub it a little and your hair stops looking greasy but without looking powdery.

On the downside it doesn't smell anywhere near as nice as the scented ones, maybe Bastiste should make scented, coloured dry shampoos!  And of course a coloured one for red heads as they seem to have forgotten that proportion of the population.

This dry shampoo was around £4 which may not sound expensive to most of you but is actually far more than the normal shampoo that I buy.




No comments:

Post a Comment