Thursday, 13 October 2011

The one where I've resorted to the best.

Since I started my blog I've been trying out a few cleansers/face washes.  First there was the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser which had a lovely texture and didn't dry my skin out but definitely didn't help to get rid of or prevent blemishes.  I then tried the Superdrug face wash designed to clear up skin (Superdrug Tea Tree and Peppermint Facial Wash) which seemed to be helping my skin but by the end of the tube my skin was so dry it was clearly not the right one for me.

After these failures and a long while of snooping around blogs and vlogs, the only thing that I have seen repeatedly recommended is the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser.  I cringe at the price but if it works, and keeps my skin clear and not dry, I'll be happy.

It cost £13.75 for an 100ml pump starter kit (which included 2 muslin cloths).  Delivery cost £3 which bumped up the price even more but it only took a few days for it to arrive and it came packaged in a lovely way.  The parcel had a fragile sticker on it and then when I opened it there was lots of goodies inside.  The actual cleanser and cloths were in a pale green, pencil case style case and I was also sent a 50ml Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic, some samples of the Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint in 3 different shades and a booklet of the Liz Earle products.  There was also a letter welcoming me as a buyer, they definitely give you lots of love for your money!



I got all of this yesterday and started using the cleanser immediately.  This morning when I woke up my skin actually looked good, now I don't know whether this is because of the cleanser or just because today is a good day but we shall see.  I am going to try out the Sheer Skin Tint when I next wear makeup which I suspect will be tonight when I go out.

2 comments:

  1. I've been so curious about Liz Earle as a lot of beauty bloggers have said good things about it and I do have slightly difficult skin! Another posotive review from you definitely makes it look even more tempting :p

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard so many good things about this, but I have yet to try it for myself. It's nice to hear another person's review!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete